- Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
- If you typed the page address in the
Address bar, make sure that it is spelled
- To check your connection settings,
click the Tools menu, and then click Internet
Options. On the Connections tab, click
Settings. The settings should match those
provided by your local area network (LAN)
administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
- If your
Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft
Windows can examine your network and
automatically discover network connection
If you would like Windows to try and discover
click Detect Network Settings
- Some sites require 128-bit
connection security. Click the Help menu
and then click About Internet Explorer to
determine what strength security you have
- If you are trying to reach a secure
site, make sure your Security settings can
support it. Click the Tools menu, and then
click Internet Options. On the Advanced
tab, scroll to the Security section and check
settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
- Click the Back button to try another link.
Cannot find server or DNS Error